By Rick Rogers, John Lombardo, Zigurd Mednieks, G. Blake Meike
This functional booklet offers the suggestions and code you want to boost software program with Android, the open-source platform for mobile phones and cellular units that's producing enthusiasm around the undefined. in accordance with the Linux working method and constructed by way of Google and the Open Handset Alliance, Android has the capability to unite a fragmented cellular marketplace. Android software Development introduces this programming atmosphere, and provides you an entire case in point that demonstrates Android architectural positive aspects and APIs. With this ebook, you will:
* Get an entire advent to the Android programming atmosphere, structure, and tools
* construct a modular software, starting with a middle module that serves to release modules extra in next chapters
* research the ideas and structure of a particular function set, together with perspectives, maps, location-based prone, power information garage, 2nd and 3D images, media companies, telephony prone, and messaging
* Use ready-to-run instance code that implements each one feature
* Delve into complex subject matters, comparable to safety, customized perspectives, functionality research, and internationalization
The ebook is a traditional supplement to the prevailing Android documentation supplied by means of Google. even if you must advance a advertisement software for cellular units, or simply are looking to create a cellular mashup for private use, Android software Development demonstrates how one can layout, construct, and try out purposes for the recent cellular market.
watch Read or Download Android Application Development: Programming with the Google SDK PDF
click Similar programming books
Instructs those that have already programmed in high-level languages in programming with the extra robust and flexible meeting or desktop language.
• As XML profits reputation, builders want to enforce XML applied sciences of their line-of-business applications
• This ebook deals readers real-world perception into XML that will construct the absolute best applications
• bargains an in-depth examine XML and discusses XML instruments, prone (RSS, cleaning soap, relaxation, WSDL), programming (DOM, SAX, Ajax), and languages (. web, Java, Hypertext Preprocessor)
The two-volume set LNCS 4051 and LNCS 4052 constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirty third overseas Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, ICALP 2006, held in Venice, Italy, in July 2006. this is often quantity I (LNCS 4051), featuring sixty one revised complete papers including 1 invited lecture that have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 230 submissions.
Many engineering, operations, and medical purposes contain a mix of discrete and non-stop selection variables and nonlinear relationships regarding the choice variables that experience a suggested impact at the set of possible and optimum ideas. Mixed-integer nonlinear programming (MINLP) difficulties mix the numerical problems of dealing with nonlinear services with the problem of optimizing within the context of nonconvex features and discrete variables.
- FLTK 1.1.7 programming manual.Rev7
- VSAM demystified
- Programming with VDM
- Professional Scrum with Team Foundation Server 2010 (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
Additional resources for Android Application Development: Programming with the Google SDK
Persistent dataAndroid includes the SQLite database libraries and tools, which your application can use to store persistent data. Content providers, which we’ve already introduced, provide data to other applications. Using the libraries can be a little tricky, but in Chapter 8 we’ll guide you through the creation of a database, and reading, writing, and deleting data records. GraphicsYour application has access to 2D and 3D graphics capabilities in Android. Animation and various advanced effects are also provided.
Browsing the WebMost employers have an associated website that provides more detailed information. We’ll be able to select an employer off a list or off the map and quickly zero in on their website to find out, for example, what the place looks like.
It assumes you have some experience with the Java programming language, with using Java to implement user interfaces, and that you are at least familiar with the technologies Android uses, such as XML, SQL, GTalk(XMPP), OpenGL-ES, and HTTP. How This Book Is Organized This book is organized around the core example program introduced in Chapter 2. Later chapters illustrate development techniques by adding to the example through implementing modular extensions, where this is feasible. Some chapters (and the Appendix A) cover more advanced topics that are not required for many applications.